All Dal students are welcome to tryout for a Tigers varsity team. It is recommended you complete a Prospective Recruit form prior to tryouts.
Participants in the selections and those athletes selected to the varsity team are required to:
1. Be registered as a full time Dalhousie student.
2. Come prepared to play with all gear.
3. Be in excellent physical condition - able to play a five set match at a very high level.
4. Be able to attend all tryout sessions although cuts may be made after each tryout.
5. Be able to practice Monday-Friday with games (home and away) most weekends until March 15th.
6. Be able to participate in a rigorous off-season training program from April–August.
Open Gyms: Open gym sessions are for any female athletes to come out and get some volleyball reps and game play. No coaches are involved with these sessions. Please indicate if you are planning on attending these sessions, as it is helpful to be aware of numbers and number of courts needed.
Tryouts: Official Tryout for the Dalhousie University Tigers women’s volleyball team. All athletes are welcome to tryout as this is an open tryout process.
|Tuesday, August 20||5:30-7:30pm||Dalplex||Open gym session|
|Wednesday, August 21||5:30-7pm||Studley Gym||Open gym session|
|Thursday, August 22||5:30-7:30pm||Dalplex||Open gym session|
|Tuesday, August 27||5:30-7:30pm||Dalplex||Open gym session|
|Wednesday, August 28||5:30-7pm||Studley Gym||Open gym session|
|Thursday, August 29||5:30-7:30pm||Dalplex||Open gym session|
|Friday, August 30||4-5pm||Dalplex - Room 206||Pre-tryout meeting|
|Saturday, August 31||10am-12pm||Dalplex||Tryout #2|
For more information: