Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

MacIntyre scores in 1-1 draw with Memorial

Photo courtesy of Allison Wragg
Photo courtesy of Allison Wragg

Source: Memorial Athletics

The Dalhousie Tigers record is now 6-3-2 on the season. The Sea-Hawks record will go to 4-3-4 going into their last regular season game tomorrow. Both teams have already clinched their playoff spot, with Dalhousie sitting at fourth in the league and Memorial filling in that sixth and final spot.  
Nicole Torraville of the Sea-Hawks came out on the attack early in the eight minute with a hard shot but Tigers goal keeper would push it over the top. Although the shot wouldn't slide throughit was just the start of a Sea-Hawks offensive attack, as Stacey Hanlon scored in the 11th minute to put the Hawks on the board.   
#17 Morgan Leon was the first for the Tigers to challenge Sea-Hawks keeper Sydney Walsh, but to no avail after Walsh pushed it away and her defence helped to protect the loose ball.   
In the latter part of the first half, Dalhousie found their offensive strength and dominated the ball in the Sea-Hawks end, limiting Memorials opportunities to make any further offensive chances of their own. 
After the half, there was a lot of back and forth between teams but nothing close on either net until in the 54th minute when #7 Kate Hickey of the Sea-Hawks would take an awesome shot at the Tigers net but Annabel Gravely, Dalhousie keeper would hug it tight to deny the goal. 
In the 57th minute Dalhousie was able to put themselves on the board with a header from #16 Olivia MacIntyre off a corner kick.     

After lots of ball movement in the Sea-Hawks end Dalhousie would finally get another shot off, this time by #13 Rachelle Lalande, but it wasn't enough to find any net.  

Dalhousie keeper Annabel Gravely played a full 90 minutes saving of 5 shots on goal. Sea-Hawks keeper Sydney Walsh saw 8 total shots on goal and made seven recorded saves.  
The Sea-Hawks and Tigers play again tomorrow after at King George V at 1:00pm NST. 

The AUS Subway player of the game was awarded to Sea-Hawks' Sydney Walsh for her defensive force throughout the match.