Source: CBU Athletics
Sydney, NS - The Cape Breton University CAPERS had a tough night on both sides of the ball, losing to the Dalhousie Tigers by a final score of 97-63. Sven Stammberger (Halifax, NS) had 20 points for the visiting Tigers, and also had 4 rebounds and 4 assists. Indiana Rotondo (Vaughan, ON), matched Stammberger with 20 points of his own, scoring 18 of his 20 points from behind the arc.
Turning point - The Tigers held a 50-35 lead going into the half, but blew the game away in the third, outscoring the CAPERS 33-8 in the frame. Sven Stammberger scored 11 of his 20 points in the third quarter.
News & Notes
- The Subway Player of the Game was Sven Stammberger.
- The Tigers with the win improve their record to 12-3 on the season.
- The CAPERS fall to 2-13 on the year
- The CAPERS will look to even the score next weekend, when they meet the Tigers on Dalhousie's home court next Friday the 9th, at 8pm.
- The CAPERS next home game will be Friday the 23rd, when they end the regular season against Acadia. Game starts at 8pm.